Wednesday 2 January 2008

Devi the Diva - if in doubt wear red!

I was just thinking about how I need to get me lots of arms to get everthing done this year I need to do!!! Well, seeing as that is about as unlikely as making friends with the moon from the Mighty Booosh (I'd like that too!), I suppose I oughta work out how I am going to juggle my many interests. Is it really possible to be a designer, illustrator, crafter, comic book artist, ukelele player and candlestick maker (made the last one up) and still have time to to spend with loved ones, friends and family, not to mention just 'be' from time to time? I know I can't expect to become who I want over night. And some of what I want to do might never be fully realised. I just have to make what I want ever I want most (whatever that is!) happen - will alone is all I can rely on. I suppose desire and the belief that I can do it will make this possible. If I've exhausted both of those and don't get where I want to be in life then I guess it just was't meant to be.

Not that I'm religious, just into philosophy really - and the New Year is a great time to reflect on what and how we're going to change our lives for the better. Will we ever get to the bottom of this task? In the words of that hilariously silly film I need to 'be the miracle' rather than look for it elsewhere! I really believe everthing we have is all that we really need or want for the time we are experiencing it in our lives.

She was the ultimate Mum! Forget that lame 'Yummy Mummy' coinage! Really chaotic people manage to find a way to be amazing mums - it's all about prioritising what's important! This mummy talk doesn't mean I'm thinking of having a getting a bun in the oven, Miss Correll, not planned anyway!!! Phew! Boy did I get carried away but how therapeutic it felt?! Sometimes its good to ramble - if in doubt wear red like Diva and be plain honest with yourself and others!

No comments: